I found this great Sims 4 idea on Reddit: Create a family museum and use it to document each generation.
First I needed something to put in the museum. None of my current Sims do anything usefully curatorial, so I had Morgan take a selfie with Charlotte. I also found two poor-quality fish in their inventory, which I mounted for display.
It’s a good start! I’m looking forward to adding items and expanding the museum for future generations. Right now it’s a little sad.
To create your own Sims 4 museum:
- Go to Manage Worlds.
- Choose the lot you want to build on. I went with a lot in Newcrest because I’ve never used that map for anything.
- Set the lot type to “Generic.”
- This enables your Sims to place items from their inventory.
- It also discourages random Sims from visiting.
- Tip: If you want to hold an event there, first change the venue type to “Bar.”